Thursday, March 05, 2009

Chip Chop Cookies

Yum-O

These are the best cookies ever. I love them when they are about an hour out of the oven...cooled but the chocolate is still melty. The recipe makes quite a few cookies so I usually bake a dozen or so and then freeze the rest for later(tonight after the kids are in bed and I don't have to share ;)

This freezing technique works for any kind of cookies and it's great to have them on hand. I use my hand dandy Pampered Chef medium scoop.

I scoop out the dough I have left onto a cooling rack covered with waxed paper and stick this right in the freezer.

A while later(or until the next time you open your freezer because you forgot all about it) put the individually frozen cookies in a baggie and store them for up to 3 months.

Or at my house, until your cookie stealing family eats all the dough straight out of said bag.

Here's the recipe:

Chip Chop Cookies
1 c butter (2 sticks)
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
2 c flour
2 1/2 c oats
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 bags of any combo chips, I use baking m&ms and white chips
1/2 c walnuts or pecans if you like that sort of thing

*Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
*Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
*Add eggs and vanilla.
*At this point you can "chop" the flour by putting it into a blender and blend until a flour like consistency. I usually don't do this, I like the texture of the oats and, well, I'm pretty lazy.
*Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix well.
*Add chips (and nuts if you're going to) and mix well.
*Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake ~12 minutes for golfball sized cookies.

Enjoy!

No comments: