Saturday, February 06, 2010

Still Strolling Down Memory Lane

In the process of organizing photos I came across the motherlode...slides!! And since I took over my mom's all in one printer/scanner/copier, I can scan slides! You have no idea how exciting this is for me:) I've mentioned before, my grandpa (Papa) on my mom's side was a professional photographer, so slides were a mainstay for their photo collection. I remember having "slideshows" in the evenings while visiting my grandparents...so much fun.

Remember this post? Here is the promised proof of an igloo on the beach.

No kidding. I remember going inside this house at some point and the walls/ceiling were rounded, just like being inside a real igloo. But warmer.

This is our beach house. It's funny how I remember this so clearly when right now I barely know what day it is!


Now this picture cracks me up. At first glance it just looks like a typical chaotic Christmas morning at my grandparent's house. But upon closer examination there are several things going on here. My grandma (Dede) in the lower right corner is holding a jar full of candy(the funny thing is she still has a jar full of candy that she offers to my kids). My youngest brother and I are ready to pounce on her for it. My other brother (bottom right) is digging for gold which is apparently more important than candy :) And even still, in the background, there is somebody still trying to open gifts! Meanwhile, the whole place is completely trashed. That's what I call documenting the details. I love it!


I love this one because it is showing the beginning of my generation. My 2 older cousins are babies there and my mom is pregnant with me. Even though she is probably at the end of her pregnancy, you can hardly tell she is pregnant!


I've got plenty more where these came from. I'm guessing you all will tire of this before I will :)

1 comment:

Debbie and Kevin said...

Not me . . keep 'em coming!