Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fun Recipe

I am a big fan of snack mixes...my kids love them. When they want a snack, they ask for "a mix" which ususally consists of whatever crackers, cereal, dried fruit and chocolate chips we have on hand. Occasionally I'll make a big batch from a recipe I find, like this one...
Nutter Butter Snack Mix

5 cups crispex cereal (I used corn chex here)
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 c creamy peanut butter
1 cup mini nutter butters (I used the whole bag)
1 cup banana chips (I used the whole bag)
1/2 cup resees peices (I used more like 1 cup)

*Melt butter and peanut butter in saucepan over med low heat until melted and creamy. Add cereal to 9x13" baking dish, pour peanut butter mixture over cereal and mix together. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool completely on waxed paper.
*Combine all other ingredients in large container, add cooled cereal and mix well. Enjoy!

No comments: